LP, 12″, 33 1/3 RPM, Black Vinyl
Pozostało tylko: 4
9 absolutnych reggaowych klasyków z archiwum Bristl Roots Reggae w tym 2 wcześniej nie publikowane utwory.
A1–Big RoyEthiopia Revelation
A3–Joshua MosesAfrica (Is Our Land)
A4–Bunny MarrettTimes Are Getting Harder
B2–RestrictionCalling For Mercy
B3–Zion BandTwelve Tribes
B4–TalismanDole Age (7″ Mix)
Nine tracks of classic Bristol Roots Reggae including two previously unreleased tracks.
To keep a vinyl album on catalogue and steadily selling for five years, is something of an achievement and we are rightly proud that “The Bristol Reggae Explosion 1978-1983” and it's slightly newer follow-up “The Bristol Reggae Explosion 2 – The 1980s”, both continue to find new fans. Unfortunately five years, is also a long time when it comes to licensing agreements and with the expiration of some licences, we needed to update both compilations and swap some tracks for alternatives. Since 2010, our approach to compilations has also evolved, so both updated volumes will be getting a release on CD and digital download. When it comes to vinyl, we've borrowed an idea from our hugely successful Midlands Roots Explosion series and created a brand new exclusive vinyl compilation, “The Bristol Roots Explosion”.
The new LP naturally draws heavily on the first two Bristol Reggae Explosions, featuring firm favourites such as Joshua Moses' all time classic “Africa (Is Our Land)” produced by the great Dennis Bovell, Bunny Marrett's rare and almost impossible to find on the original 12” “Times Are Getting Harder” and Ron Green's 3D Productions “Riot”, another track that's very difficult to find on its original 7” format.
Local legends Talisman contribute the 7” mix of their excellent “Dole Age” single and make a second appearance, in their… more
Released March 11, 2016
1. Big Roy – "Ethiopia Revelation" (R Bailey 1976) (p) Copyright Control
2. Revelation Rockers – "Culture" (D Taylor 1979) (p) Archive Publishing Ltd
3. Joshua Moses "Africa (Is Our Land)" (S Bailey / D Bovell 1978) (p) Archive Publishing Ltd / Copyright Control
4. Bunny Marrett – "Times Are Getting Harder" (B Marrett 1980) (p) Archive Publishing Ltd
5. 3D Productions – "Riot" (J Carley 1980) (p) Archive Publishing Ltd
1. Rhythmites – "Nation Integration" (Rhythmites 1989) (p) Archive Publishing Ltd
2. Restriction – "Calling For Mercy" (Restriction 1983) (p) Astar Artes Publishing
3. Zion Band – "Twelve Tribes" (R Duncan 1982) (p) Unitone Publishing
4. Talisman – "Dole Age" (7" Mix)(D Joseph / Talisman 1981) (p) Recreational Music
33 1/3 RPM
140 GRAM / 12"