LP, 12″, 33 1/3 RPM, Limited Blue Vinyl
Pozostało tylko: 2
Sampled on TV ads, lauded by critics and swooned over on the dancefloor, ESG’s post-punk took out the grunge and polished the basics. Cut them open and “less is more” is written all the way through.
‘Keep On Moving’ was released just over ten years ago to much praise (Q said it was “even better” than 2002’s much loved ‘Step Off’). ESG had been sparring partners for PiL and early hip hop and four years after the ‘Off’, they were onto something new – rhythm as core, reflective storylines about relationship management, sensuality and insanity gather around the bass fix but they’re much blurrier than the incessant beats. Inadvertently they unmask techno and glitch and leave out any kind of superfluous fluff. It’s hard and temple throbbing. Turn it up. And keep moving.
“If there’s one tune which sums up ESG’s enduring lust for life, it’s the beautifully-judged Black Flag/early techno crossover of the closing ‘Gimme A Blast’.” Ben Thompson, The Guardian 5/5
“This album’s every percussive aspect has been honed to impart the maximum amount of pleasure.”
“Despite their influence on younger bands (you can hear LCD Soundsystem’s knobbly grooves on ‘Insane’), ESG still sound like nothing else.” The Guardian
“An astonishingly primal album.” Uncut
* Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fire Records
* Copyright (c) – Fire Records
* Published By – Fire Songs
* Recorded At – A.B.B.I.A. Recordings
* Backing Vocals – Chistelle Polite, Marie Scroggins, Nicole Nicholas, Valerie Scroggins
* Bass – Nicole Nicholas
* Drums, Percussion, Timbales – Valerie Scroggins
* Featuring [Special Guest Esg Member], Engineer – Leroy Glover
* Guitar – Chistelle Polite
* Lead Vocals – Renee Scroggins
* Percussion [Hand] – Marie Scroggins, Renee Scroggins
* Producer – Renee Scroggins
|Nośnik [ilość]|| |
|Rodzaj wydania|| |
|Rok nagrania|| |
|Nagrane strony|| |
33 1/3 RPM
140 GRAM / 12"
Recorded at: A.B.B.I.A Recordings, Riverside GA, USA.
|Includes download co|| |